Fees, Rules and Enrollment
Piano Masterclasses, July 2018
THE BEST STUDENTS WILL BE SELECTED FOR RECITALS at TEATRO COMUNALE in FERRARA, ITALY.
Piano Masterclasses Dates:
3 - 5 July 2018: Prof. Matti Raekallio
- 9 - 11 July 2018: Prof. Christopher Elton
€ 75 per teacher (Active Students only)
Tution Fee (Active Students)*
€ 415 per teacher (includes accommodation)
*The Tuition Fee includes:
1) 3 hours of lesson time (one-hour lesson each day)
2) Free admission to all concerts, practice rooms with grand pianos
3) Accommodation in a host family. Please note that free accommodation is subject to limited availability, on a first-come first-serve basis and it is not available for Italian residents.
Master Classes Observation: RESERVE BELOW
Daily admission, Adults: € 20 / Students: € 15
3-day Pass, Adults: € 50 / Students: € 30
6-day Pass, Adults: € 90 / Students: € 55
Payment of the Registration Fee is not required for Masterclass observation.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING
1) Ferrara Piano Festival's Masterclasses are open to young pianists of all nationalities. Ferrara Piano Festival will select the active students of the Piano Masterclasses based on their biography, documentation and online auditions.
2) Ferrara Piano Festival will accept or reject applications, based on the documentation received. In case of non-admission, the registration fee will be refunded. Students will be notified of their acceptance by the end of May 2018.
3) A maximum of eight active participants will be admitted to each Masterclass.
4) Upon admission to the Masterclass, detailed information regarding accommodation and travel will be provided to the participants, as well as instructions for payment of the tuition fee.
5) Admitted candidates who are unable to take part in the Masterclass must notify Ferrara Piano Festival as soon as possible. The registration fee will not be refunded. For cancellations before 15 June 2018: half of the tuition fee will be refunded. For cancellations after 15 June 2018: The tuition fee will not be refunded. For cancellations made after paying the registration fee and before paying the tuition fee, the registration fee will not be refunded.
6) Free accommodation in a host family is subject to limited availability and it is on a first-come first-serve basis, and not available for Italian residents. It is provided for the active student only, and it will not be available for a person who is traveling to Ferrara with the active student.
7) Except for what stated in these rules at No. 6, admitted participants will be responsible for all travel, board and lodging expenses.
8) Students must follow the repertoire requirements stated below in this page.
9) The registration and tuition fees will be reimbursed in case a Masterclass has to be cancelled due to lack of participants.
10) Registering to the Masterclass implies acceptance of all terms and conditions set forth in these rules.
DEADLINE: All electronic and mailed applications for all Piano Masterclasses must be received by 25 May, 2018
Successful applicants will be notified of their admission by the end of May 2018, at which point further information will be provided. Once admitted to the Masterclass, participants must send the Tuition Fee by 15 June, 2018.
Complete applications must include the following:
- Application Form
All applications must be submitted electronically. Follow the link below to apply:
- Registration Fee of € 75 (per teacher)
This fee may be paid online by credit card, PayPal, wire transfer or by check in US dollars (equivalent of 75 euros), payable to FERRARA PIANO FESTIVAL, INC. To pay online, click on the following link:
For payments by wire transfer, please send us an email in order to get the bank details. After making the wire transfer, enclose the receipt with your application materials.
- Curriculum Vitae or Résumé (in the Application Form or on separate sheet)
- Proof of Age
A photocopy of either a birth certificate, passport, or other official document verifying your birth date must be included with the application materials. You can send a photocopy by mail or scan it and email it to email@example.com
- OPTIONAL: Send an audition video or audio recording on CD or DVD by mail, or post it online on Youtube or other video-sharing website.
The audition video/audio recording is recommended but not mandatory; it must include a minimum of ten minutes of solo piano music, representing at least two contrasting styles.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
**Application Materials should be Mailed to:**
FERRARA PIANO FESTIVAL
P.O. BOX 6468
NEW YORK, NY 10150
1) Solo recitals will be awarded to one or more students who might be selected at the end of the Ferrara International Piano Festival.
2) The decision to award concerts, discretionary prizes or scholarships will be made by the Ferrara Piano Festival Jury.
3) The Jury will be composed of one Masterclass teacher, the Vice-Director of Teatro Comunale and the Artistic Director of Ferrara Piano Festival.
4) The Jury will have the right not to award said concerts, discretionary prizes or scholarships.
5) All decisions made by the Jury will be final and not subject to appeal.
6) Award results will be published by means of an announcement on the Ferrara Piano Festival's website.
7) Ferrara Piano Festival will reimburse all travel and accommodation expenses for the concerts. No fee will be paid for these concerts.
Please choose one or more works among the following:
- A work written by Bach or a complete sonata (or set of variations) written by Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Clementi or Schubert.
- A complete work or a movement of a work written by Mendelssohn, Schumann, Chopin, Liszt, or Brahms
- A complete work or a movement of a work written by a French or Russian composer in the 19th or 20th centuries.